Blackberry vs turd

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Nauseous, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

My blackberry fell in the toilet and butted heads with a turd. I grabbed it (the phone) out and instinctively ran it under water (I know) and then took Lysol cleaner and sprayed the shit out of it (not literally, just to sanitize).

So, yeah... it's not working. How do I dry the bitch out to see if it'll work again? And if it doesn't, can I buy another phone (not a blackberry because I wasn't a big fan of this phone to begin with and it's def not worth 400 bucks new) and put the sim card in? I don't understand anything I read online.

My stomach hurts and I just want to smash it. :frown:

2. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Depends on who you are with T-Mobile you can just plug it into any old phone. Verizon you have to call. I think you can go by and purchase one of their cheap phones and just have them move the service to it. They put a special strip in there that changes color if it gets wet so you cant just send it back and act like you didnt know what happeded.

Pull all the 'innerds' out that you can, then hit it with a hair dryer for about 10 minutes.

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I have it propped against a floor fan out in the garage on speed 2. I don't have the right tool to take it apart.

I have Alltel, but I think they are part of Verizon. Anyway, paying an extra 20 bucks for a smartphone every month, I would like to replace it with something similar. Maybe I can get something refurbished?

4. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

with my Tmobile, I go buy the prepaid phones from Best buy (razor) 89$ and put my card in them.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I just don't get the locked and unlocked phones and this gsm or something like that stuff I was reading about. Can't I get a Razr or something that can go online and do the stuff the blackberry did and out my sim card in?

6. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Phone is back up and running! No more keeping it in my pocket when I go to the bathroom.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Well you got lucky on that one.

I think its a dingle berry now.

8. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

You should seriously examine your angle of entry when it comes to perching oneself upon the thunder can.

Most folks don't drop their phone in it - maybe you should learn their technique? ;)

9. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Maybe her ass was on an important phone call and the blue toof wasnt working.

10. Homewrecker

Homewrecker New Member

I know what happened. I was there. I was her shadow at work that day. I was sitting on the sink, talking about my wild night and she was pooping skinny turds. It was cold out yesterday and she had a jacket on (she's always cold) and the phone was in the pocket. When she stood up, the phone fell out of the pocket and into the toilet. The look on her face was priceless. Even better when she had to reach down and get it away from the skinny turd's clutches. She knocked me off the sink and ran the fucker under water and then took this heavy duty spray stuff and sprayed all over it before ever thinking to dry it off. So if that SOB works after all of that, I say Blackberries are the SHIT!!!

11. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Great story. Luckily I am not grossed out by my own poop and luckily since I had not been eating, these turds were very low/no odor.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Actually, it's starting to fuck up. The external LCD is gone and the some of the buttons aren't working very well.

13. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

The exturdal LCD is back butt the hang up button doesn't work. :)

14. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I washed my ENV in the laundry and it came around worked fine. I had taken it completely apart though to dry it out.

15. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Me neither. As longs as it works relatively the same, I am happy.

16. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

You know... I'm glad you finished that sentence.

17. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I noticed that too. I was going to interject but I didn't think anyone would notice.