Big Brother at it again...

Discussion in 'Complaints, Requests and Suggestions.' started by ratatouille, Jul 18, 2003.

1. chester grape

chester grape New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stymie:
    Unfortunately the UK version of said show is a complete pile of festering dog shit. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? The Australian show is fantastic! Heaps of full-frontal nudity ... One guy snuck a bong in and grew dope in the vegetable garden ... One girl had a wank in the toilet cause she thought there were no cameras in there ... Two of the housemates went down on each other in the kitchen, drunk as skunks, when everyone else was in bed ...

Ahhhh ... not really. Ours is dog shit too.

2. ScythopicPsycho

ScythopicPsycho New Member

In regards to them 'advertising illegal activities'... I don't know if it is illegal or not, but, what THEY are advertising is. I'm not 100% sure of this, so correct me if I am wrong, but you are only allowed to burn CD's if you own the CD you are burning('back-up copy'). The same goes with legally downloading music, roms, etc.

3. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

I believe you're right, although you'd probably be hard-pressed to find someone in the industry to agree with you. I often wonder if you had something on vinyl, and downloaded the entire album to put on a CD (easier than copying from the turntable), then got sued - would that stand up in court as being 'legal?'

A while back, I posted an interesting quote from Metallica's own James Hetfield...

Here's the post:

I'm borrowing "Garage Inc." from someone, and actually read the insert for it - a long, drawn-out history of their roots... and a quote from James Hetfield himself just made me laugh out loud.

He's talking about the early days, how he used to go over to Lars' house, and how he was impressed by Lars' record collection:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote
    Funny, ain't it?

4. Schmed

Schmed New Member

well im dloading this to put on cd as you are right it is much easier to do than trnasfering vinyl to MP3, this act alone should incite metallica into a riot, and after the insueing court case ill let you know how it ends up lomo....

5. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ScythopicPsycho:
    In regards to them 'advertising illegal activities'... I don't know if it is illegal or not, but, what THEY are advertising is. I'm not 100% sure of this, so correct me if I am wrong, but you are only allowed to burn CD's if you own the CD you are burning('back-up copy'). The same goes with legally downloading music, roms, etc.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    i usually see something that goes like this: "Any unauthorized copying, distribution or sale is illegal and punishable by law."
    i think making a cd of stuff you own already is legal, but you cant copy other peoples. or you can copy other peoples but you cant sell it, display or use it or make copies for profit. so..in a sense DJ'ing is illegal because people pay to get into clubs to hear the DJ spin the tunes and the clubs profit from it. maybe far-fetched, maybe not. fuck 'em anyway. Lars Ulrich can suck on my asshole. actually, i wouldnt let that fuck near my asshole.

6. ScythopicPsycho

Well, from what I have seen, DJ's have only used original copy CD's. Most are mixes, such as the 'Now' collections and the likes. But, if some did use burned CD's, I could see your point.

7. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ScythopicPsycho:
    Well, from what I have seen, DJ's have only used original copy CD's. Most are mixes, such as the 'Now' collections and the likes. But, if some did use burned CD's, I could see your point.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no. my point was that the DJ would be making money from using the music, period.

as in a display or exhibition, thus it would be deemed "illegal" by our fucking government.

8. ScythopicPsycho

I thought that if you bought the CD, you were allowed to display it for money and such. I'm not sure, so I guess your right.

The U.S. government doesn't realize how many of the laws don't make sense, or even contradict each other.

9. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

i am dl'ing your music from Kazaa Lite. hope you dont mind. i got Sunday Bloody Sunday. who plays bass? they are off beat. ooh. so is your drummer. ouch. okay, maybe Blue Eyes Black Heart will be better. can you recommend one for me to get?

10. ScythopicPsycho

Highly recommended : "No Donnie,These Men Are Nihilists" and "Dear Live Journal"

Still recommended, but not as uber-tastic as the previous: "Bitter Ending" (Acoustic hardcore makes me smile), "Understanding the Fear That Lies Within", "My Heart Beats in Breakdowns" and "Failure of a Friend"

I think their U2 cover isn't all that accurate, but they still made it sound great. Take into consideration they are covering an already awesome song, and such.

All the downloads are really small, being they are somewhat short songs, so it isn't that much of a loss if you end up don't liking it, which I doubt you will. (not like it...)

11. ScythopicPsycho

Well, like all other hardcore and metal songs (or just singers you can't understand), being able to understand the lyrics, ie. getting them online, makes the song a lot better.

12. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

aha! i thought you were in that band!! fuck. i was working my way up to tell you how bad you sucked. oh well. maybe you will suck at something else that i can criticize.

13. ScythopicPsycho

I'm in a band, and it sucks. We can't even decide on a fucking name.

14. Schmed

Schmed New Member

hey what type of band?

15. ScythopicPsycho

Well, metal, hardcore, metalcore. A mix of a lot of things.

16. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

C'mon everyone! submit band names for scytho!

i just loooove this one: The Runs

this rocks: assjacked
    assjackers
    assjack
    (any combo will do.)

or, another goodie: BunBoyz

17. ScythopicPsycho

My social studies teacher last year suggested Rancid Gas....

18. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

My social studies teacher last year suggested Rancid Gas....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    social studies? are you like, 12? i bet your teeeacher was a real gem. classy-like. fucking public school systems.

you should BE something. like "The *****'s"
    one word titles are soooo out.

example: THE Vines
    THE White Stripes

all those broody-adolescent-psuedo-angry boy names like RANCID and VISIONSTAIN are lame.

then again Name names are fun. Mad Madeline. Tenacious D. use a chicks name and have people guessing.

so are you like, 16?

19. ScythopicPsycho

Social Studies, history, same bit. I'm a high school student. And I quite frankly don't give a shit what type of names are out or in, my favorites(Shadow of the Flag, Locked in the Basement, Halberd.) have meaning to me personally, and in other ways, plus I want to make the name fit the lyrics.

I like Rancid, and hate The Vines and The White Strips...

20. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

you can mix cd's?... whatever the fuck next... well i doubt it can beat vinyl... nothing can beat the tender caress of vinyl grooves as they brush past your fingertips... or the embarrassment of letting the tune run out while mesmerised by the dots glowing red on the side of a 1210 turntable...