Big Brother at it again...

Discussion in 'Complaints, Requests and Suggestions.' started by ratatouille, Jul 18, 2003.

1. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

Alas, it seems our rights to privacy have been pirated by our own government.

Remember back before the days of CD's when we listened to tapes? I bought blank tapes from Maxell and copied music from friends and family. They also copied music from me. Then I bought a Sony VCR. I taped shows from the TV and also shared them with friends. And they shared with me. Then along came my computer. Ah....How did I ever live without one? I soon discovered a simpler way to share jokes, pictures, music and video. Then one day I saw an add on television touting its wonderful new technology that would allow me to create my own CD's. (the specific commercial showed a young man making a cd of mixed music for his girlfriend.) So, I bought one! I began to copy music CD's for my friends and family and they did the same for me. And then I discovered that lots of other people wanted to listen to some of my music and that if I shared with them they would share their music with me! YAY!

Then along came Big Brother. He made my internet provider tell them that I liked to share a lot of music with a lot of other people on the internet. I found out that I am a criminal; that I am a thief. I wondered, "How this can be?" The technology that I was using was legal, and sharing is good. I learned that in kindergarten. Sony provided me with the tools to do so and even showed me how I could do it on television!

Is it legal to show commercials that encourage illegal behavior? Can I make a commercial about how great smoking marijuana is and not go to jail or be fined? (would it even air?) I am not buying or selling any of the music I share. How come Big Brother can fine me $100+ per song I share? How would they know which song someone actually downloaded from me and vice versa? I share over a thousand files. If sharing is against the law, shouldn't the goverment be controlling the technology that allows us to do so? Why aren't they suing Sony and Maxell? Why are they bothering me??

And why is my internet provider helping me lose my privacy? If I look up recipes online, containing butter, will I lose my job because Time Warner ( or verizon DSL) told them I am probably eating butter and butter causes heart disease thus causing my work performance to suffer? Not to mention the high cost of health care which will drive up the cost of medical insurance. Is Big Brother going to look at my grocery reciepts and take video of me eating at McDonalds? Sounds far fetched but it isnt. Employers are already refusing to hire smokers now because they might get sick and not come to work because of it. The way things are going we will lose all privacy and lose all our freedom. I dont think our forefathers had this in mind. I strongly urge you to write Verizon and your internet provider and consider a boycott if they continue to give out your name whenever you share a file, song or video. Keep the government out of your refrigerator and computer and remind them that sharing is good.
    Peer to Peer illegal.

2. unlimited-time

unlimited-time Active Member

IT won't be long before they know everything about you.
    verichip

3. Schmed

Schmed New Member

They already know what your buying at the grocery store...probably. Most grocery stores have some sort of "savers card". It is a free service all you have to do is sign up for it at the customer service desk. It offers "special savings" to members, all you have to do is let tehm know who you are , were you live , etc.

i.e. Gardeners are now terriosts, if you bought Fruity Pebbles you are a pedophile and somebody somewhere nows what a fucking alchoholic I am...

4. cittykat

cittykat New Member

holy fuckin shit, i'm already crazy enough, i don't need to go back into my conspiracy phase

5. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

i dl'd the new version of Kazaa Lite and its supposed to be able to block the RIAA from snooping around. i'll let you know if the feds come knocking on my door.

6. stymie

stymie New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ratilla the hun:
    i dl'd the new version of Kazaa Lite and its supposed to be able to block the RIAA from snooping around. i'll let you know if the feds come knocking on my door.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Don't the new version have all the spyware shit in it? Install it then run something like adware, it finds all sorts of crap. I am not too bothered about spyware to be honest but last time I removed all the shit the new version of kazaa wouldn't work.

7. Schmed

Schmed New Member

get IMESH or EMULE.... but kazaa lite shouldnt have all the spyware

8. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stymie:
    yeah, about a month ago or something i dl'd the most recent version and it had spyware and advert bullshit in it so i went back to version 2.0.0.

now i got 2.4.1 and did Spybot AND AdAware afterwards and it was all good. so now i am K-Lite Master MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

9. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

10. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

I thought the whole point of k-lite was to lose the ads and spyware? You may as well use Kazaa if they're gonna do this.

11. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

12. Darkgroovey

Darkgroovey New Member

"everytime you trade in your liberty for security, you give away a little piece of your freedom"

and for anyone else that cares Independent record labels sales are way up, too bad the major labels only put out shit music.

13. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

(June 16) …and for a decade, the establishment has taken a very dim view of the internet. It is seen as a method used by dissident elements to propagandize the public and publish material that might cause great disruption in the public mind. A new program launched by a major computer company is designed to permit easy access by investigative agencies to computers and computer files of suspect persons. The rationale given is to protect copyrighted material such as popular music and video material. The actual purpose is to build into all new computers a chip ostensibly to “protect” the user from intrusion but in reality supplying a trapdoor to facilitate observation. In all probability, this program will not succeed because younger users will not want controls over their systems…all of this brings up the subject of ‘Internet II’ which was a DOJ project to control access to and permit close supervision of emails…this failed but the new project is to be put forward as a boon to computer users who are afraid that their systems will be illegally entered… http://www.tbrnews.org/Archives/controling.htm http://www.savethemales.ca/

14. stinky

stinky New Member

you lot are weeeird..

15. Schmed

Schmed New Member

and you are fat , complacent and ignorant but do you see us complaining?

16. chester grape

chester grape New Member

Damn!

I thought this thread was going to be all about that delightful reality TV show.

17. stymie

stymie New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chester grape:
    Damn!

I thought this thread was going to be all about that delightful reality TV show.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately the UK version of said show is a complete pile of festering dog shit. If we could only relax our pre-historic censorship, that show could've attracted millions of viewers. Instead, what do we get? Hour upon fucking hour of boring people talking about their sad boring fucking lives, how interesting is that?
    Where's the steamy shower sex? Three in a bed romps? Someone fucking one of the chickens at least. One flash of a pair of tits and someone pulling himself off under a duvet is all we get.

18. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stymie:
    someone pulling himself off under a duvet is all we get.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

19. Psycho Bob

Psycho Bob New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lomo's Haus of Audio-Video Bliss:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

mum!

20. pimpchichi

pimpchichi Active Member

illegally entereeeeeeeedddd