American Idol

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ucicare, Mar 22, 2006.

1. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I have to admit I watched it last night.

The bald headed dude (Chris) did his own version of Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line".

Absolutely awesome. I would buy the track in a second.

He may not win, but he is head and shoulders above the rest. Some of the others can sing, but he arranges his own stuff and is truly original.

Barry

2. mudslinger

mudslinger Member

I think I might be the only person out there who has never seen an episode of American Idol. I've seen tons of clips on the Internet but I've never sat through the show.

Here's a little something you might be able to use this in future therapy sessions:
    http://www.fugly.com/images/11042/William_Hung.html

3. diogenes

diogenes New Member

I also have never seen an episode of American Idol, and I pride myself on the fact. It's meaningless drivel. Some pseudo-democratic bullshit about how you pic the winner, and that somehow any of it matters. Just another reason for giant conglomerates to shove their meaningless corporate sales pitch down my throat with "commercials". I'm sorry, but I really can't stand watching television. I doubt anyone in this forum allows a salesmen to walk into your house and sell you product, why do you turn on the TV and invite advertising execs in?

4. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Ditto, I hate that fucking show.

My stats professor used to come in gushing over that fucking show. Like stats needs help being boring.

5. smiles

smiles New Member

this is the first season i've occasionaly watched and i must say the show isn't bad......... i agree with u on chris barry but i think he's th eoldest ad has a family, he's also competing against several 16 + 17 year olds

but u know who is sexy as hell.... that pickler girl..... dumb as a fucking post in a comical sort of way.... "when he called me a minx i was like 'why is he calling me a coat?'"

6. chester grape

chester grape New Member

Because advertising is the Shakespeare of our times! Suspend your prejudices, dio. And come on in ... the water's fine!

7. diogenes

diogenes New Member

You can't fool me with your marketing tricks. The emperor has no clothes. I can only handle so much new and improved before I snap, and no longer choose to involve myself in the game. Which is all marketing is. I know you do marketing, and it is fascinating, but pop-psychology and cliche commercial dialogue are not what it takes to get me to purchase a product. I do everything I can to ignore them.

8. chester grape

chester grape New Member

So ... you only wear Nike because they're the BEST, right?

9. smiles

smiles New Member

he wear orthapedic shoes... he shops at marks work warehouse and drives a 98 ford focus..... life IS that easy when it's all about practicality

10. chester grape

chester grape New Member

Hey smiles, why haven't you answered my "Commonwealth Games" post in Cold Sober?

11. smiles

smiles New Member

out of shame

12. chester grape

chester grape New Member

I just wanted to know if you were getting any coverage. :cry:

13. smiles

smiles New Member

maybe, i don't follow sports at all...... sowwwwwwy cesta

14. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

I think the Pickler girl is not as dumb as she acts. I think she was naive and country at first, and she figured out pretty quick that it was working for her. I think she now milks it.

Barry

15. DrBungle

DrBungle New Member

Acting dumb does in art among smart girls.

16. smiles

smiles New Member

i hope that's not the case.... hr sincerity is what appeals to me..... that and her tits

17. chester grape

chester grape New Member

They don't look that good here, or is it just an unflattering photo?

18. diogenes

diogenes New Member

I'll buy that American Idle is about the ability to sing when an Ugly person wins.

19. chester grape

chester grape New Member

It's not about the ability to sing. It's about the ability to produce hit records.

How many ugly people have you seen in the Top 40 lately?

20. diogenes

diogenes New Member

I don't tend to listen to top 40. As far as I know the last ugly person in the top 40 was K.D. Lang.