Anyone take Nexium or any other PPI?

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Nauseous, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I think it quit working. Anyone ever heard of that? I know my DR will tell me to take the Reglan he prescribed, but that stuff scares me. I've read bad stuff about it. Anyone ever have any experience with Reglan?

Sorry, I refuse to join a support group for stomach illnesses.

One of you mofos has to have GERD. Some of you drink like fish and you smoke. You have to have a torn up esophagi (plural form?).

2. Icenhour

Icenhour New Member

We used to give injectable Reglan to dogs with parvo. But then we found out it causes diarrhea- so we rarely give it anymore.

I was watching Mystery Diagnosis last night. A very rare GE disease was found...
    the family had been to many docs and no one figured it out... then the mom did - Mastocytosis the doc said it is a very rare diagnosis ...because no doc checks for it. They just label people as having Chrons or IBS

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Very interesting. To be diagnosed with Crohns, I had a colonoscopy which showed inflammation and then a blood test (IBD-7 panel) that came back indicative of Crohn's.

Upon reading about mastocytosis though, it ties some of my other freaky symptoms together. Like my hives. I had not heard of Urticaria Pigmentosa. I was told that I have dermographism, which is a form of urticaria, but that would never explain why I get welts for no reason. I can be just sitting around and feel one swell up on my forehead. A few times, even one side of my lip swelled up.

Sounds like a shitty thing to have but if I could tie my dizziness and stomach sickness and muscle/joint/chest pain to one thing it would be nice. I thought I might have fibromyalgia because I am always hurting somewhere on my body.