Damn BP/pulse

Discussion in 'Medical Advice' started by Nauseous, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Last night: BP 89/55 pulse 49 WHO HAS THAT except maybe 90 year-olds?

I couldn't sleep and when I finally did, I dreamt that I was being strangled. It wasn't so much the oxygen deprivation that was freaking me out but the pain of someone digging their fingers into the flesh on my neck. I semi woke up thinking that I was actually choking myself and tried to wake up, but it was like the dream was THAT damn stong and I had to struggle to stay awake. i didn;t win and went back into this fucked up dream where i was totally fucked up and could barely function.

some bad shit has happened lately and i've lost it

my ecg was normal though

2. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I would like to know what Joeslogic's BP runs considering his labwork.

I think the dizzies I get could be resulting from my blood pressure dropping out. I just don't know why it drops out.... Dan?

3. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

It's 93/52 now and my pulse is 54.

DO ANY of you take your blood pressure?

4. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

Lots of people particularly women have low blood pressures. If you are asymptomatic and it has always been like that then you are lucky because it is actually good for you. High blood pressure beats up your organs. As long as you are making good urine your kidneys are getting enough fluid. If you are actually dizzy and your bp is low then maybe you need to drink more fluid. For example if you exercise and sweat a lot you could need considerably more fluid. Anyway, the pressures you quoted wouldn't raise an eye brow unless they were accompanied by some symptoms or were a significant change from normal. If they are your baseline and you are making good urine and not dizzy then they are actually good.

5. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

The heart rate is just a tad bit slow but that could be normal for you. If you are asymptomatic don't worry about it.

6. DangerousD

DangerousD New Member

Also your heart rate and blood pressure drop while you rest.

7. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

slepp apnea, pukey. get a sleep study.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I don't think I have that. I thought that was for fat people who snore.

My BP fluctuates. I just took it and it was 123/66. I think the drop is what causes me to get dizzy a lot. I know a change like that would definitely cause that.

9. moremetal4mepls

moremetal4mepls New Member

When your BP is low try laying in the Trendelenburg position (flat on back /c feet above head). I place my patients in this position almost daily for Hypotension. Works like a charm almost everytime..

10. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I don't think I can get away with that in the middle of a store, nor would I wanna.

11. moremetal4mepls

moremetal4mepls New Member

Sure you could! When caught lying on your back pull an Ezal from the movie Friday! Ooooooh my god, oh my god, im hurt! I fall, i'm suing yall, ooooh my neck my back my neck and my back...I want 150,000.00

Then you can share with me for the advice...:biggrin: