Cast Iron Skillets

Discussion in 'Fizood' started by Lomotil, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Anybody use them?

I'm fucking sold on mine. Even heat distribution, retention, and just plain "cooks the hell outta whatever you're making" always do it for me.

2. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

I think cast iron and a gas stove is the best combo. My place now has the glass cook-top and it reacts bad with cast iron unfortunately. The oil and carbon in the cast iron ends up making little rainbow rings on the cook-top.

3. moremetal4mepls

moremetal4mepls New Member

I've used mine for years. Makes killer cornbread, and a choice weapon if needed.

4. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Have you tried the skillets with the dividers for cornbread? I've seen 'em, but never tried one, seems like it would give every 'slice' that nice, crisp texture on all the sides. :) Damn, now I'm getting hungry... Don't think I've had cornbread since last Thanksgiving.

5. moremetal4mepls

moremetal4mepls New Member

Nope, never even seen them, but got me all curious now. This southern girl makes a lot of cornbread. You ever had cornbread with buttermilk?

6. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Never made my own cornbread, so I can't answer that truthfully. I do love using buttermilk to soak meat in before adding the batter and frying them, though... :)