What cigarettes did you start on?

Discussion in 'Smoking.' started by Bamboozle, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

If you asked anyone that personally knows me - they are in disbelief.

I was always that one guy at the party, or get-together, that prompted anyone to go outside to join me in smoking.

I surprise everyone I know when I say that this past Tuesday marked six weeks without a cigarette.

2. Jwiggly

Jwiggly New Member

Player's filter, now I smoke Number 7 Blue King size.

3. Dilaudid Daisy

Dilaudid Daisy New Member

I started smoking Virgina Slims 120's menthol lights.

I now smoke Newport light 100's

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

In order:

Basics
    Marlboro
    Marlboro Medium
    Marlboro Lights
    Marlboro Ultra Lights
    Va Slim Lights
    Va Slim Ultra Lights
    Va Slim Ultra Lights Menthol
    Marlboro Ultra Lights Menthol (thought it was like taking a breath of fresh air)

Oh, now I don't smoke at all and hate the smell.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  5. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

Hmmm

Camel Filters
    Bucks
    Bull Durhams
    Camel Wides
    Marlboro Reds
    Marlboro Lights

6. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Here in Canada it's not uncommon to pay $12.50 for a pack. I haven't smoked in two years but I started on Export"a". I know it's a weird name.

7. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Canadian eh? lol
    Number 7 is the best for cheap smokes, altough I didn't mind Canadian Classics if I was really broke.

8. Jwiggly

Jwiggly New Member

Sure am, born and raised EH ;) Yup, cheaper usually buy then at 2 stores, either The super store, or Giant tiger, $8something a pack there, $10+ anywhere else.

9. Aballister

Aballister New Member

True that, shit when I started they were like $4.50. Now we feel like we had a good deal if we get 'em for $8. Fucking taxes eh?

10. Jwiggly

Jwiggly New Member

I know, Friggen taxes!!! I remember buying them for my mom and they were $3 a pack. When I started I think they were around $6 a pack.

I was in the states last summer, I can't stand American smokes GROSS, so I asked if the had Canadian, they had Player's and the guy says to me, oh they are expensive, $6 a pack or something, I laughed and told him that was actually cheap LOL.

11. phatboy

phatboy New Member

You dont just go to the indian reserve and buy them there?

12. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I always get excited around Candians because I grew up watching Canadian tv (had a satellite, no cable). I remember watching Degrassi and Kids In The Hall when they were new. Loved that show Northwood back in the 90's and had a crush on that English accented VJ Simon on Much Music... he hosted City Limits. And I never missed Power 30... think it came on at like 5:30 everyday.

13. Jwiggly

Jwiggly New Member

Nope

14. Homewrecker

Homewrecker New Member

Poor Pukey. Apparently, the fuckin' canucks don't care. :frown:

15. phatboy

phatboy New Member

They do, but their indifference is legendary.

16. Aballister

Aballister New Member

It's great, I loved Kids In The Hall. Did you know they have a movie out? Brain Candy is what it's called. Check it out. I wonder, in which part of the US did you grow up?

17. Aballister

Aballister New Member

I am indifferent to your comment about my indifference.

18. Cheezedawg

Cheezedawg New Member

Kids in the Hall blow ass. Now Bob and Doug Mackensie from Second City TV.... those guys rock.

STRANGE BREW RULES!!!!

19. Aballister

Aballister New Member

Naaaah... Some of their shit was hilarious. Sure they cross-dressed for the female characters but that's why it's so fucked up. No one plays a woman better than a skinny canadian nerd.

20. heavymetalhead

heavymetalhead New Member

Came across this by accident as I was Google'ing "MuchMusic Power 30" in the hopes of finding a list of some of their episodes/videos they played. Since nobody replied to your thread, I thought that I would. I remember Northwood, that was a great show. One of the girls in that show was incredibly cute. (I'm guessing the guy with long hair, Kirk, or the other guy Jason would be your version of cute haha). Can't remember her name though. Yeah, Power 30 aired around that time I'm pretty sure. Dan Gallagher was the best host IMHO though I think he hosted the show when it was Power Hour, rather than the Power 30. Teresa Roncon was okay. I don't think she liked the music all that much. Actually she was better than that. She played a request of mine and even mentioned my name.

Anyways, somebody did care about your post and know what you're talking about, so that's why I registered and posted this. :biggrin: