04 F-250 SuperDuty 4x4 Crew Cab

Discussion in 'Cars' started by phatboy, Aug 26, 2009.

1. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I'm picking this up on Friday. It is loaded out, and has a little too much as well. Im going to remove the flames, not sure whats up with that. It does have the in dash 7" panasonic DVD player (with Nav), 6.0liter Turbo Diesel (with SuperChips programmer).

Might want to add a picture....

2. Cousin Geri

Cousin Geri New Member

you gonna put some 20's on it?

nice truck. congrats

3. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Nah, no 20s. The guy that runs the lot that has it swapped his 07 tires and rims on to this truck and took the 20s off of it.... Sad, but true.

I got some wheels for it (off my 02) so I will swap them out before I sell it.

I just needed the deisel and the larger backseat.

4. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

You know I have not even looked at whats on the market these days but I bet there are some sweet deals for big trucks like that.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I don't care for the flames. Other than that, it's a nice intimidating truck.

Is that tint legal?

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I dont care for the flames either, but I am 62% sure they are vinyl, so if they are I will pull them off. The tint is super dark. It's two layers, looks like they went 20% then put a layer of 5% on top of that. Its like riding around in a closet. There is a bug guard on the front that I am going to pull off, and I am pulling the pipe things off the bed. You cant see it from the picture but the bed has a red rhino liner in it, on the side of the bed are, yes, silver flames, under the bed rails there are some kind of lights, so at night if you cut the lights on the flames 'light up'.

Very cheesy.

But I got to start somewhere.

:)

7. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

be careful with dark windows. Mine are so dark I have to put my window down to back up.. I think they are illegal.

I think this is my only pic of my car ...kid was 2 seconds from puking.

8. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah, he looked a little green around the gills. :frown:

9. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

yeah every vacation he gets pukey.

man the first 6-8 months with that car.. I backed up into so many cars. I really messed the Arabs up, I never admitted it was me.

10. phatboy

phatboy New Member

The back doors and rear window have a factory tint and the aftermarket 5%, the front they just went crazy on. I like it dark, but now that I am older I'm not getting freaky in my truck, so it really doesnt have any benefit.

Quality film rejects 99% of UV rays and between 48% and 53% of heat rejection. Unless you go with a 'platinum' series that has more of a reflective look and then it gets up to around 70% heat rejection. I will redo these. Just go with 20% on the front doors and leave the back alone. But with the 7" LCD touch screen in it, I might need it that dark to see during the day.

11. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

12. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I used to work at a tint shop silly.

:-b

Back when I was young and dumb.

13. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

you know on my Element, it has a huge sunroof for the back seats... and I hate it. Can you tint that real dark? one guy told me no and said it would get too hot and crack, is that true? I think he was just lazy

on long road trips I have to put a scarf of something so the kids wont get burned... it is lightly tinted.. but I want it black

14. phatboy

phatboy New Member

He didnt lie to you. You may be able to use a reflective residential film, that would reflect the heat and light, but it wouldnt be too dark. It didnt come with a factory sun shade? I'd hate to tint it, because those things are hella expensive.

One option, if you really hate it and dont plan on using it, ever, is to go to a sign shop and have them cut a piece of vinyl that can cover it. Then if you trade it in, you can just pull the vinyl off and its back to normal.

Or, you can do like we did to the sky lights in our camper. Go to autozone, they got some really flimsy windshield screens (the shiny one that look like tinfoil). Get one, cut it out in the shape of your sunroof, you may be able to leave it a little big and stick it under the lip, so that the trim holds it up. Or you can pick up some of those adhesive velcro pads and stick it up with that. It might seem cheesy, but its inexpensive and wont bust your window.

With a sunroof that is factory tinted (even lightly) and then retinted, the heat gets caught between the two films. This causes the excessive heat that can bust the glass. The same reason you have to use special film for tinting houses that have insulated windows. If you use the wrong film the heat buildup will bust the seems (when you can see the dust and mouisture between the two layers of glass).

15. Homewrecker

Homewrecker New Member

Spray paint it like a child molester does with the back windows of his van.

16. BigEddie

BigEddie New Member

If you lived here (at least right here in the the SF bay area), you would get angry stares from people for buying a pickup. God, I hate what CA has become. Fucking stupid, you cant drive one block without seeing like 5 Priuses.

17. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Don't they like the smell of their own farts in San Francisco?

I have a relative there. Says things are ridiculously expensive.

18. BIGMAMA

BIGMAMA New Member

I saw a cute in Quick Trip the other day (gas station) we did the flirty eye thing... then he got into a Prius... I lost my interest in him. Those cars are faggy. He might as well got into a Miata or PT cruiser ..

19. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I hate the smart cars more.

20. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Yea, that would annoy the hell out of me. Of course I probably couldnt hear them over the whistle of the Turbo and sound of the Magna Flow exhaust (no cat). It sounds like a freaking rig, but it is quiet with the windows up.... ;)

I will have to get bigmama to film me when Im leaving her driveway so you can hear what it sounds like.... :)