What's the best beer you've ever had?

Discussion in 'Drinking' started by JEFE, Jul 26, 2008.

1. stupey

stupey New Member

Modelo

Modelo Especial with a lime and salt on the mouth of the bottle is excellant in the Florida Heat or anywhere tropical- imagine Corona on Steriods. Modelo Negro is the beer for the evenings when you have showered and are dressed for dinner and sipping 4-12 beers slowly.

2. Dwaine Scum

Dwaine Scum New Member

hehehe yeah, make sure to eat the lime, espically when you are in Mexico gringo.

Dumb assed Americans actually think the lime is part of the beer. Jesus we are stupid.

3. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

Where I am from, showering before dinner, dressing for dinner, and "sipping" beer are acts reserved solely for those who plan to be voluntarily sodomized.

4. GAS

GAS New Member

It's a completely American thing but that doesn't mean it's not good. We do get something right occasionally.

5. stupey

stupey New Member

Ucicaire's comment was funny actually. Dwaine Scum is obviously mullet wearing white trash that spells his own name wrong and doesn't get out of his double wide much. I lived in Chalchiutes in the state of Zacatecas and in every "real" cantina-(no women) they serve oil can size beers with a salt shaker and a piece of lime on the can. All of the silver miners and Rancheros hit about 5 of these after work and the places close at about 10:00 p.m. Tecate and Modelo dominate in the region.

Modelo Negro has won world class awards and received #1 at the blind taste test at the Internationals in Germany in 1990. It shocked and pissed off the German brewers.

Mexicans have enjoyed beer for hundreds of years and have only had refrigeration in the last 30 or 40 years in very rural areas, they have always served it with lime and salt, they believe it makes a refreshing drink when served warm. Tijajuana is not Mexico Dwaine Scum. Get some exposure to the world and quit watching the Dukes of Hazzard.

6. stupey

stupey New Member

Ucicaire's comment was funny actually. Dwaine Scum is obviously mullet wearing white trash that spells his own name wrong and doesn't get out of his double wide much. I lived in Chalchiutes in the state of Zacatecas and in every "real" cantina-(no women) they serve oil can size beers with a salt shaker and a piece of lime on the can. All of the silver miners and Rancheros hit about 5 of these after work and the places close at about 10:00 p.m. Tecate and Modelo dominate in the region.

Modelo Negro has won world class awards and received #1 at the blind taste test at the Internationals in Germany in 1990. It shocked and p*ssed off the German brewers.

Mexicans have enjoyed beer for hundreds of years and have only had refrigeration in the last 30 or 40 years in very rural areas, they have always served it with lime and salt, they believe it makes a refreshing drink when served warm. Tijajuana is not Mexico Dwaine Scum. Get some exposure to the world and quit watching the Dukes of Hazzard.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Welcome to the forum Stupey

Welcome to the forum Stupey

When I was a kid I think it was in 84 maybe 83 my family went all through Mexico on a two week journey. It was great I think anyone living withing a decent distance of Mexico should. You need to get out and see the world for yourself. I don't remember all the towns we were in but we went in at Laredo and South to Acapulco and back a different route than we went in. In between we stayed in a great mountain hotel just South of the boarder, then Saltillo where they mined , Another town with an old fashioned hotel with a courtyard think the town started with an R, Mexico City was great we went to see the Aztec ruins close to there and then Acapulco was great.

Not sure its safe to travel anymore these days such a shame. Even then we were stopped twice once by military people in uniform and once by un-uniformed people both heavily armed. My dumb ass brother tried to take pictures and got his camera taken. They searched our car and let us go. Now that I'm older thinking back I bet it scared the hell out of my parents.