What's the best beer you've ever had?

Discussion in 'Drinking' started by JEFE, Jul 26, 2008.

1. GAS

GAS New Member

So what exactly do you do for fun Pukey? You don't seem to like....well anything as far as I can tell. Do you hang around your house all pilled up then have bat shit crazy dreams to entertain you?

I'm not breaking balls here I'm genuinely curious.

2. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Ales and Lagers are different.

Ales are usually stronger and are top fermented. Lagers and lighter and are cold and bottom fermented.

There is no "better" beer. It's all about what you like.

Bud Light is no worse than anything else if that is what you prefer.

The whole point is to find something you like and, when you do, THAT is the best beer on Earth.

On a hot summer day, nothing to me beats an ice cold Natural Light. And that shit is like water but on a hot day on the Bay or eating crabs, that is the perfect thing.

it's really all about what you like.

Nobody likes a beer snob.

No body being no one, in this case.

3. JEFE

JEFE New Member

And for Barry, even O'Doulles counts. It's all about what you enjoy.

4. JEFE

JEFE New Member

PS. I am sick as hell of beer. I have been making ciders lately here and am totally in love with them.

I have a Cherry, a Blueberry, a Pomegranate and a Cranberry brewing as I write this.

There is so much more variety in natural fruits that can be turned into booze, it's amazing.

Beer tastes and smells like barf to me lately. I'm sick and tired of it, to my dismay. I think I might have overdosed on hops or maybe I hit the ceiling but I'm so grossed out by beer these days I can't even smell it.

That's a sad goddamn thing.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Why would you need alcohol to have "fun"? I don't get pilled up. I don't get high on anything.

6. GAS

GAS New Member

I wasn't asking specifically about drugs and alchohol but I guess I should have been a little clearer.

What the hell do you do for fun? Describe your ideal fun day to me.

7. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I don't do anything in particular for fun. It depends on my mood and anything can be fun. I can have fun at Lowe's for god's sake if I'm feeling good.

And I guess I lied when I said I don't get fucked up on anything. Occasionally I will get stoned and I have always had a hard time turning down downers, but I don't do it in a social scene, meaning I don't "party", I guess.

I don't like concerts or amusement parks or anything that involves a surge of adrenaline or a crowd of people. It makes me want to have a seizure and pull out my hair. I have literally had to pinch myself in crowds to keep from flipping my lid.

I like to be as relaxed as possible, so I prefer content to fun anyday. I like walking around in the woods and photography and playing with animals. That makes me happy.

8. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

My apologies if I sounded condescending. Yes Natural Light is a good beer for those hot dehydrated days. I'm open minded about the designer beers. But I have many times been disappointed also after forking over the cash. It's good to hear about what others like though just to get an idea of what to try if nothing else.

I bet these micro-brews will hurt and some fall to the wayside in a down economy. What do you think?

And while I understand the copper makes Coors taste kinda cheesy. Why is it to me Coors Light and regular Coors taste like they have nothing in common. I was gonna say "taste like two totally different beers" but I guess they are "different beers".

9. GAS

GAS New Member

Hippy.

10. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

VS.

:confused: ;)

11. maratla

maratla New Member

best beer

Black Butte from the deschutes river brewery.

12. kynick

kynick New Member

nati ice

natural ice is the best shit ever! cheep, easy to get, taste nasty but gets you drunk. 5.9% baby!

13. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

The best beer ever?

The next one.

14. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Bear Republic, Racer-5 IPA. - Drink it and weep.

15. JEFE

JEFE New Member

Why not just hit yourself in the head with a rubber hammer?

16. JEFE

JEFE New Member

17. Schmed

Schmed New Member

18. HarryJewels

HarryJewels New Member

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is always a welcomed beer. It hits hits you hard but goes down easy. Pure poetry

Bells always has some tasty shit also like 'White Winter Ale' or the latest one I've been enjoying by them 'Best Brown Ale'

Keeweenaw brewing co has a brown I love also.

19. GAS

GAS New Member

Bells is the shit!

20. stupey

stupey New Member

Alexander Keiths on Draft is Amazing- I smuggled a case into the US and in a can it is not as good.