Do people really "blackout"?

Discussion in 'Drinking' started by Nauseous, Jul 29, 2008.

1. ucicare

ucicare Active Member

meiner's disease?

2. Lomotil

Lomotil Active Member

Tolerance is a bitch, y'all.

It takes finishing the second 24oz of 8.1%+ brew for me to even catch a buzz...

I used to abide by the slogan, "Three of these ought'a come with bail money" - but like I said, tolerance is a bitch.

But don't worry, true believers, I'll quit tomorrow! :biggrin:

3. curtis19

curtis19 New Member

Blackout is real

Blackout is usually too much alcohol consumption. But medical or psychological can cause it also. I voluntarily blacked out some facts in an extremely traumatic experience. Curt19

4. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Meniere's would really be the only ear condition that would make sense.

5. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

And alcohol is nasty and it makes you stink.

6. phatboy

phatboy New Member

I think in moderation it is okay. When you get 'pissed' drunk is when you get your stink on.

7. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

Its an excuse I have had a "Blackout" once because .... no twice come to think of it. Point is I slowly remembered bits and pieces over a span of time but did not initially the next day. And I always knew what I was doing though. Just lowered inhibitions.

Did your husband get in bed naked with another guy?

8. Nursey

Nursey Active Member

Wow! That's very honest of you Joe. But not everyone is a raging closet homo like you.

9. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Yeah, I like to keep random men in bedrooms in my house.

No. It was the roommate of my friend. The roommate says he's 100% straight and then gets naked and crawls in bed with my friend. So my friend takes pictures of him (? I know) and puts him back in his bed. I didn't ask if he "dropped" him on his dick or anything, but you never know.

10. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Sounds like they are both gay.

Why take pictures of a naked man.

"Hey look at these pictures of 'dave' in my bed"

"dude, he's naked"

"I know funny huh?"

"not funny, queer"

:)

11. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

My friend is gay which is why I found it odd that someone who claims to be straight would "black out" and get into his bed naked.

12. phatboy

phatboy New Member

Ok, that makes more sense about the picture then, not about getting in another dudes bed. Maybe he just wanted a blowjob.......

13. Joeslogic

Joeslogic Active Member

The only thing that ever worked for me if the room was spinning is sleeping in the bath tub.

14. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

You can "black-out" — I used to do it all the time when I was younger; I don't really drink any more. Sometimes I would regain consciousness halfway through a sentence and not be able to remember what I'd just said, or the preceding couple of hours.
    It could be quite scary; I once "came-to" outside McDonalds in the company of a young couple who were of the opinion that I was going home with them. Confused, I panicked and thought they were going to use me for some weird sex game before chopping me into little pieces and hiding me in the walls, so I ran home.
    I've woken covered in bruises, and had to wait 2 days to ask people why. Turned out I got them from my friends, in a chinese take-away, while they kept me from knocking fuck out of a guy who started on me for calling his girlfriend a whore.
    And can you remember where you were when Princess Diana died? I can. I was sleeping in a concrete stairwell in a block of council flats, about 10 miles from the town-center (where all the clubs were) in the opposite direction from where I lived, covered in the contents of my uneaten kebab. I got woken by someone who was kind enough to give a fuck, while they were on their way to work, and had to walk home covered in sauce and yogurt.
    That's why I don't drink any more.

15. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

Goddamn, what were you drinking? Antifreeze?

16. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

FUCK! I just typed out a huge reply and lost it all. I might try again tomorrow; I'm tired.

17. Nauseous

Nauseous Active Member

I'm waiting...

18. GAS

GAS New Member

waiting on the world to change!!!!

Sorry couldn't resist.

19. canine_STD

canine_STD New Member

I've spent the last 3 weeks trying to get rid of this really annoying virus, and have so far destroyed a desktop computer and a modem. I'm now using a laptop that I've borrowed from my dad, and am stuck using dial-up internet for the next week. I'd forgotten just how much 52k sucks.

The much shorter version of what I wrote 3 weeks ago:

I grew up in a town dominated by one industry that was completely dependant on the cold war. When that ended, tens of thousands of people were unemployed and hardly anyone had any money. The town was flooded by american-style chains (ala McDonalds) who only employed teenagers because they cost less and couldn't form unions. So the only people in town with money were kids which caused loads of clubs to open who targeted kids with dirt-cheap strong booze. One club I used to go to sold double-vodkas with coke for 50p. I'd sit at the bar and throw one after the other down my throat and next I knew it was 5 a.m and I was half-naked in a thorn-bush

20. Cooder

Cooder New Member

I too always remember , and never forget to have enough on hand to last through to store hours , the next day.